Monday, June 17, 2019

SUMMER IS STARTING!

Well, summer is starting.  I am working in New York on Saturdays, so if anyone can use my services in Manhattan on Saturday, I'm happy to meet with you.

Here is a video that better explains how to make the /l/ sound.  This is a bit different from the usual method, but you may find it helpful if you've really had trouble with the sound.



Here's another video with some /l/ word drills.   Chinese, Korean, and Japanese students often have difficulty with the /l/ sound and differentiating between the /l/ sound and the /r/ sound.   My understanding is that this has to do with these languages not really having these sounds as distinct and separate sounds.  In American English, the /l/ and the /r/ sound are very distinct separate sounds.



All right?  Check these videos out and let me know in the comments if you like them and remember, if you are interested in ESL or accent reduction lessons, or need help making American style small talk, or you just want to become more confident speaking American English, or need help with American cultural issues and misunderstandings, give me a call at (732) 807-5424 or check out the David Berlin's ESL and Accent Reduction Training website or my American Idiom of the Day Twitter Feed  or you can email me re: lessons at this email link.  Or check out my David Berlin ESL YouTube Channel.

All right?  All right.  Hope to hear from some of you over the summer!  if you have been putting off lessons, now's the time!  Call or email today!


No comments:

Post a Comment